Birth Injury Attorney; For most families the expectation of a new addition means great job. Sadly, there are time when this elation ends suddenly when the mother or baby sufferers harm due to medical negligence.
Did your baby’s birth Injury occurred as a result of medical malpractice; then you should consult a birth injury attorney as soon as possible. However, the problem for post people is that, there are so many law firms around today that it is difficult to know what they should look for in a Birth Injury Attorney.
What is Birth Injury Attorney?
Birth Injury Attorney is a specialized as a personal injury lawyer that help ensue legal justice for newborn babys affected by Immotile Injury.
Several Birth Injury can be severe and abandon baby physically or mentally disabled for their existence. Lifetime treatment maybe needed in this case to manage baby physically or mentally health enabled.
It’s a pity that some families take money from relatives and get their child treated in the hope that their child will be cured, but some children are not able to get well, their whole life gets spoiled.
Thankfully, a Birth Injury Attorney can help those families whose child mentally or physically disabled. On behalf of covering the cost of lifelong treatment. Attorney can also hold negligent health care employees accountable for maltreat a baby.
Power of a Birth Injury Attorney:
- Can register a case against the doctor or that particular nurses who delivered the child.
- Can File court cases: within appreciated court law.
- Can help those birth injury families financially compensation.
- Can gather evidence including witness testimonials and medical records.
Some Birth Injury cases awarded millions of dollars money to peruse cost of lifelong treatment.
In this article I’ll reveal how to find the right Birth Injury Attorney to handle your birth injury case.
- When looking for birth injury attorney, it is vital that the birth injury lawyer have a previous experience with malpractice case.
- Their track record will be your way to gauge how much you’ll likely receive as a fair settlement in your case.
- As you know, medical malpractice lawsuits need the evidence of expert witness on the expected standard of care, and where that was faulty, and whether the defendant had a duty of care.
- This requires money, resources, and expertise to put together.
- Hence, look for an attorney from a reputable law firms with track record of success, experienced birth injury attorney and resources to fight your case.
- More Importantly choose a lawyer who has trial experience Incase your case goes to court; because you couldn’t reach an agreement with the party you are suing.
- Once you have made your choice of birth injury attorney, ask for the report of the firm’s case history when you initially meet with the birth injury lawyer.
Also inquire about their fees charges, and contract details. And make sure you have full understanding of the details before signing. That will give you an idea of what to look forward to during the course of your case.
Medical Negligence – Birth Injury Claim
Birth injuries cover a wide range of injuries, it can be injuries to the mother or it can be injuries to the baby.
It should be one of the best days of your life, a wonderful day, unfortunately sometimes medical accidents can happen, which means that that’s not always the case.
This is often referred to as birth trauma or birth injury.
Birth injuries aren’t just relating to injuries that occurred to the baby it can be injury to the mother.
Maternal vaginal damage if, for example, instrumental deliveries haven’t been carried out correctly, or they could include psychological damage if some element of the birth has been mismanaged, or potential mismanagement following a caesarean section.
Common claims in relation to your child can include Cerebral Palsy, Erbs Palsy, or neonatal death.
We are fortunate in this country, we do have an excellent NHS system which provides us with brilliant antenatal care most of the time but unfortunately that’s not always the case.
It’s quite common for a client to become overwhelmed in a medical negligence action but the reality is we, as the lawyer, do this on a daily basis, we know how to see a claim from A to Z, and help the client through every step of the way.
It may not be the first thing on their mind to start to investigate a medical negligence claim and that’s fully understandable.
Because of the level of expertise that Bridge McFarland have in medical negligence cases we work with a number of experts across the country who are able to provide their advice, guidance and support in terms of helping us establish
whether or not a client has a medical negligence claim.
Not only are we very experienced in the law and the medicine, but a lot of us are parents so we can associate and understand where the client is coming from.
The statutory limitation period is three years from the date of negligence or knowledge of that negligence, if the negligence is involving in a minor that three-year period doesn’t start running until their 18th birthday so they would generally have until their 21st birthday to bring a claim before the Limitation Act barred them.
If a mother does have a concern that their labour has been mismanaged and that that’s resulted in them suffering some injury then I would always recommend that they take as early advice as possible.
I like to feel that my team and I have a very close relationship with the client and that they can come to us whenever they need to, to raise any concerns any inquiries and it really does become quite a close-knit relationship come the end of the claim.
Situation that Cause Medical Negligence
- Miscarriage to manage or monitor signs of fetal distress.
- Miscarriage to monitor or treat maternal infection.
- Unnecessary force on the child body parts like head, neck, shoulder as they exit the birth canal.
- Improperly used of tool such as forceps or vacuum extractors.
Meconium Aspiration Syndrome – Cause Birth Injury
Meconium aspiration can cause birth Injuries meconium aspiration syndrome is a serious condition which occurs when a newborn breathes in a mixture of meconium and amniotic fluid into his lungs during delivery.
Meconium is stool passed by a newborn either while still in the womb just before the livery or very soon after birth this is often caused by the baby being the stress such as if their oxygen level is low their heart rate decreases or if there are problems with the placenta.
The baby can breathe the meconium into his lungs when the meconium has passed into the amniotic fluid either while still in the uterus or covered by the amniotic fluid when delivered breathing in this mixture of meconium and fluid can cause lung inflammation in the baby.
Serious infections brain damage and even death causes of stress on a baby during the delivery process that can lead to meconium aspiration include gestational diabetes in the mother lack of oxygen for the baby in the womb in the mother’s high blood pressure doctors and nurses should monitor both the mother and the baby carefully during labor and delivery to avoid the aspiration of meconium by the baby when he is born.